Thursday, August 5, 2010

Post Card Two - Poem!

Not entirely sure at the moment why it has taken me so long to get anything posted on this blog, or even any of my channels at the moment but I am here just the same and mass updating because it is way too early and I cant sleep. Holy Giant Sentence.
2 am, Alex is sleep talking, way too hot to sleep.

So since it has been awhile,
the second postcard to arrive was the card with the... hold on let me check...
ok it was the postcard with the picture of clue the board game and the first in what I assumed would be a long string of postcards but I have only seen two.
My guess from the writing is that it is someone I went to highschool with.
Which really doesn't limit it, but I recognize the writing.
And it only has one stamp which means Canadian.

So I attempted a free verse... which is terrible because I tend to lack real structure with my free verse poems as you may or may not notice below. So here it goes!

(Untitled as of yet)
Little fishes driving your soul
guiding you to your pond and goal

little mysteries building you up piece by piece
never letting you give up on your lease

little bits of Canada fueling your identity
pushing you onwards to attempt telepathy

little tiny bits that make up who you are
a friend, known, loved, and a star.

-June 21st, 2pm

Not sure why I rhymed either but as I reread I am both laughing at its corniness and repeating it in my brain to a semi limerick tune. do do do do. almost catchy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment